Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekend Update

Hey All,

So this past Friday was a huge success. After taking a week to fill up one IKEA bag, I was able to fill up two whole bags on Friday alone. I'm trying to smash the cans and crush the plastic bottles to save space.

I took in the recyclables and got $4.58. I used it toward some groceries.

On a side note, I ran into some friends on DP on Friday night. I took a break to hang, and we ended up getting to go up into Storke Tower. It's locked, but brain and brawn were able to overcome. I don't want to mention him by name but it was an impressive feat that got us up there. At the top, the view was spectacular (the photos were not):

You can see the U-Cen (Corner Store at the far left). There was some plexiglass preventing me from using a flash, so the pictures ended up blurry. Also I'm not sure if a flash would have really helped.

I did a little collecting later after things had died down. The dénouement of the evening had to be the a house-fire somewhere on DP. It smelled like burnt rubber and there was a suspicious cloud of whitish smoke floating though DP. Overall, I'm pretty pleased that I was able to so rapidly increase my take. It sort of feels like I'm living a play version of Deadliest Catch.

My brother Andrew is down visiting from SF this weekend, so I'm not collecting for the rest of the weekend.

Thanks for reading! Be sure to tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment